Please judge me for embedding style code directly in-line HTML because I couldn't figure out how to do things otherwise!
Because of the move, the old RSS link won't work anymore, so you'll have to update it or just follow this blog/me on masto since I will note when I update the comic. It has been over a year HAHA. I also have to update my RSS feed manually. Was any of this a good idea? Probably not? But I do feel free from mysterious too-automated things, like CSS inheritance nightmares, subpar thumbnail generation, etc. Sometimes it's easier for me to manually do things myself to get it closer to my ~vision~.
Now my code definitely doesn't have 3rd party trackers. Fun! I used a responsive HTML template from W3. I had to dig back into the depths of my not-very-good-to-begin-with-PHP knowledge (good ol if/else statements) to make the pagination slightly more automated, but it is not fool proof as one would hope (for now).
The most exciting part is that I made a new possum favicon!!! I also added character mini bios, links, and other blatherings.
I CODED THIS AS A TABLE!!!!!! FORGET UL/LI!!!!!!!!!
At some point I want to rejig my main domain hero images too. It's hard to decide what to promote...please look at everything and don't look at everything. So much effort/time has gone into some of these projects...
- As if it wasn't clear, I'm into the Indieweb movement (without knowing this label existed). Along the same vein, I'm also into indie print, small press, and zines. Smaller communities...
- There are also cool places like neocities that exist now, to host your website. I heard neocities was also OK with NSFW. I looked at their TOS and it seems like there isn't anything outright banning adult content.
- A friend of mine noted that friendships are often based on mutual dislike rather than mutual like. True or false?!
- A wire previously cemented onto my teeth un-cemented itself so now I have to spend more $ (sad).
- I'm working through some dialogue and had trouble tackling the words through pen/paper. It's a somewhat vulnerable moment for the character, so I pretended I was them and began saying phrases out loud instead of writing them. I ended up crying as I spoke, like unintentionally tapping into my own empathy. Is it a good or bad thing...? It was a surprise...
- The peertube instance I was on is closing down, so I had to figure out what to do with the HWAnimations. I converted the old animatics to gifs for now. A video is still up on vimeo, but that is less than ideal. All I can see are the parts that could be improved and smoother, but the thought of cracking these files open again is too scary. I was absolutely bananas to have made this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please share it and the web comic, if you want!!